▪ Dear Ms. Huston, You recently did a presentation at Rowan University. You did a fantastic job and I truly enjoyed it. Everybody left saying the same thing, how it was not another run of the mill boring speech about things we had already heard and that they are glad they went. For someone like me with not so high self-esteem and is dealing with the struggle of being a more straight edge kid among college partiers, you brightened up my day and made me feel like I had someone to talk to if needed. Thank you. Sincerely, Dillan Rigney
▪ Hi River, I just wanted to say thank you for yesterday. As I started college last week, I realized that in all of our discussions about drinking and drug doing, that no one every addresses those of us who don't drunk or do drugs. And I think those people have it just as hard in college as the ones that do participate in those activities. It just feels like there's no one else like me out there. I appreciate your support though, and I understood the idea of "bookends" for support and making a pledge to yourself. Thank you for speaking what I needed to hear!
▪ You have a very inspirational story. Thank you for sharing it! -Emma
▪ Thank you so much for coming to speak with is today! When I was 10 I was sexually assaulted by my cousin. I have been in counseling and on meds but it hasn't helped too much! I really wanna feel free again and you helped!! Sent from my iPhone
▪ Hi! My name is Lisa. I am one of the orientation leaders at Rowan University. I just wanted to let you know how awesome you are ! You are such an inspiration. I don't think I've EVER seen a better presentation and, trust me, I've seen a lot of presentations! It was a privilege to get to hear you speak! Thank you for sharing and god bless you!
▪ Hey. I know you said you don't check your texts but just so you know the speech you gave is probably the most inspirational life changing speech I've ever heard. You are honestly amazing and I'm so glad you learned to love yourself cause I sure as hell enjoy you haha
▪ Amazing show tonight at Del Val College!!! I LOVE every bit of it - especially the spoken piece about 'Ray', and the last poem... (What's the title of your last poem?). I felt my heart going through a roller coaster ride when I was listening to your poems, absolutely beautiful.
▪ I wanted to let you know that I was extremely moved by your lecture. You are truly an amazing woman and I feel so lucky to have shaken your hand. You are so strong. I could never imagine, ever, having the life that you've lived and yet still remain positive. You are an inspiration.
▪ A while back, almost two months ago you came to Wheelock College's orientation and I LOVED IT. I also wanted to let you know that it was amazing to hear you be sooo open!
▪ I am a student at Coastal Carolina U and I just wanted to let you knowhow fantastic you are and how much I absolutely ADORED coming to Sexed tonight! I was sexually abused as a child and although I have dealt with it and am okay now, I've never seen anyone be so open and frank about sexual assault. It made me feel very comfortable! And the whole lecture was terrific...I think humor makes it easier to handle for people who are normally uncomfortable with talking about sex and/or anything which is normally "hush-hush" in conversation. I can't even put into words how glad I am that I got to see you! I just wanted to let you know what a difference you make!
▪ I just wanted to write and say that I really enjoyed your presentation this week at Raratin Valley. You did such a great job! I was laughing so hard and didn't stop!! I think you have a very great program and a great message!
▪ I was at your conference this morning at Marist College. I just would like to tell you how amazing you are. After all you have suffered from you still enjoy the life. You have so much courage. I hope the rest of your life will bring you everything that you want, you deserve it!
▪ I was part of the audience tonight when you spoke at Brookdale. you're hilarious but moving and serious at the same time. you really affected me especially at the end when you told us when you found out you were HIV+. i think i've stereotyped the victims of HIV/AIDS as always acting and feeling sober and victimized,even though i vaguely knew they were human beings who walk and talk and laugh just like we do. you've showed me how ridiculous it is to judge someone's background or previous actions, whether they regret them or not. i come from a conservative church and a typical Asian family, but you're a saint in my eyes. your presentation was not too scandalous. in fact, there needs to be more honest dialogue between and among people of all backgrounds. we wouldn't treat each other so much like shit if we did.
▪ I was one of the nursing students in the audience at Jefferson University in Philadelphia. I loved your speech and I could completely relate to everything you were saying!
▪ I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the show and that it had a huge impact in my view of life, things and people. Thank you very much for speaking up!
▪ I’m a student at Western Washington University and I had a blast at your seminar sex 101! I wanted to thank you for the information and inspiration you conveyed to all of us.
▪ I just got home from listening to your Sex 101 lecture at Western Washington University and I would like to thank you for everything that your presentation gave to me and many other members of the audience. Itmade me laugh, it gave me knowledge, it made me think and it gave me a more optimistic outlook on life. We only live one life; we need to make the most of it. You truly are an inspiration to me and I am so glad that I got the opportunity to hear you speak (I actually didn’t get tickets to the show early and when I got to the box office it sold out. I wanted to see you so bad that I stood outside and bought tickets off of some scalpers—and it was worth every penny). Anyways,I wish you a wonderful life and hope for the sake of people everywhere that you stay well and keep speaking about topics that otherwise would be left untouched. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
▪ My Name is Von Marie and I just watched you perform at Salem State College last night! (I was front row, giving you ideas on shows,and I had the red hair and freckles? ) I just wanted to say that you were great! you were funny,informative, and very inspirational. Thank you again and I will make sure to keep up w/what you're up to!
▪ I wanted to stay after and talk to you, basically just to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.I have experienced some of the things that you spoke about and you really touched me and no one has ever been able to, it feels amazing to know there is someone out there similar to you and you're not alone.
▪ I saw you at my school, Brock, a couple days ago, and just wanted to say thank you. I have herpes, and have had a hard time accepting it. When I first sat down, I was afraid your show would make me feel more uncomfortable by making typical jokes about it, but as the show went on, I began to feel better. Thank you so much for being so honest about your personal life. I feel very passionate about changing society's views on STD's from a joke into reality, and you are definitely helping that cause. You are a huge inspiration to me. Thank you!
▪ Hey River. I just wanted to say that you did an excellent job at Brock University! I keep telling all my friends that aren't here about what they missed out on! Your presentation made my day, it was hilarious. Keep up the amazing work!
▪ I was at your performance at Wheelock College last Saturday night. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed it. You have an amazing ability to use humor while speaking about difficult issues and telling your own story. I didn't make the smartest decisions about sex and respecting myself as a teenager. I decided a while ago that the next man I was with would be someone I cared about and who cared for me too. That was a couple years ago and I still haven't found the right guy yet. I have been very self-concious about my decisions-sometimes it feels like I'm the only one not partying and having sex all the time. But hearing you speak made me feel like I am making the right choices for myself. Thank you for sharing your story.
For more testimonials, references and reccomentations.