How does social media affect you?
In this talk I will discuss all things social, from anxiety, low self-esteem to the joy of finding like-minded folks in the cyber universe, to not participating at all.
This technology is with us, and it has changed us. I want to create a space to discuss how people are coping, thriving, or walking aways from social media.
- “A while back, almost two months ago you came to Wheelock College's orientation and I LOVED IT. I also wanted to let you know that it was amazing to hear you be sooo open!”
- “My BF and I saw you at The Jazz Gallery last night. You are absolutely fabulous! We so enjoyed your performance! You made me blush, laugh, giggle and cry all within seconds apart.Thank you sooooooooooo much for sharing!”
- “I am a student at Coastal Carolina U and I just wanted to let you knowhow fantastic you are and how much I absolutely ADORED coming to THIS EVENT tonight! I was sexually abused as a child and although I have dealt with it and am okay now, I've never seen anyone be so open and frank about sexual assault. It made me feel very comfortable! And the whole lecture was terrific...I think humor makes it easier to handle for people who are normally uncomfortable with talking about sex and/or anything which is normally "hush-hush" in conversation. I can't even put into words how glad I am that I got to see you! I just wanted to let you know what a difference you make!”
- “I just wanted to write and say that I really enjoyed your presentation this week at Raratin Valley. You did such a great job! I was laughing so hard and didn't stop!! I think you have a very great program and a great message!”
- “I was at your conference this morning at Marist College. I just would like to tell you how amazing you are. After all you have suffered from you still enjoy the life. You have so much courage. I hope the rest of your life will bring you everything that you want, you deserve it!”
- “I was one of the nursing students in the audience at Jefferson University in Philadelphia. I loved your speech and I could completely relate to everything you were saying!”
- “I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the show and that it had a huge impact in my view of life, things and people. Thank you very much for speaking up!
- “I’m a student at Western Washington University and I had a blast at your seminar! I wanted to thank you for the information and inspiration you conveyed to all of us.”